Quidel QuickVue IFOB Test 20194. The QuickVue iFOB (immunochemical Fecal Occult Blood) Test detects the presence of blood in stool specimens. Blood in stool is an indication of a number of gastrointestinal disorders, including colorectal cancer. The QuickVue iFOB Test requires only one specimen, and because it is specific to human hemoglobin, patients are not required to adhere to strict dietary or medication restrictions. 20TESTS/BX. Priced per box.
- Specific to human hemoglobin, unlike Guaiac-based tests which also detect dietary peroxidases from meat and uncooked fruits and vegetables
- Easy one-step procedure, fewer procedural errors
- Results in 5 to 10 minutes
- Convenient, odor free collection tube functions as a specimen applicator and allows for short-term storage of sample. Specimen remains hydrated maintaining the integrity of the sample
- All components included in kit, including internal controls
- Ready to use, no need for additional equipment
- Room temperature storage