Caresono Padscan Handheld Bladder Scanner (HD2) provides quick and accurate measurement for bladder volume and post-void residual (PVR) non-invasively on a wide range of patients.
The hand held HD2 "pistol" style scanner helps assess urinary retention and post-operative urinary retention (POUR), prevents unnecessary catheterization, reduces rates of catheter-associated urinary tract infections (CAUTI), helps evaluate the need to catheterize during intermittent catheterization, and improves the efficiency of health care professionals by reducing costs and saving staff time. All of this helps to improve the welfare and satisfaction of the patients and aged-care customers.
A bladder scanner is a non-invasive, portable ultrasound device that provides a virtual 3D image of the bladder and the volume of urine retained within the bladder. Retained urine is a reservoir for bacteria and pathogens, which can cause urinary tract infections, leading to damage of the renal structures, pain, and sepsis.
Bladder scans are commonly utilized in acute care, long-term care, and rehabilitation environments, as well as in physicians' offices. Without the use of a bladder scanner, urinary retention is assessed by performing an invasive "in and out" urinary catheterization, which can be uncomfortable and pose a direct risk of introducing more pathogens into the bladder, increasing a patient's risk of infection.
Caresono PadScan HD2 Bladder Scanner Features
- Handheld all in one design
- Small, compact design with easy operation and accuracy
- LCD touchscreen
- Scanning Mode: Mechanical sector-shaped scanning
- High Accuracy: 8 - 10% deviation - patented Calculus methodology and 3D scanning with 12 image sections
- Automatic volume calculation
- No need for calibration due to the patented core technology
- Two scan operation modes (easy / expert)
- Voice recording
- Alarm function
- Distinct patient styles provided for men, women, and children
- Storage: TF Card information storage
- 2-yr warranty from manufacturer
Caresono PadScan HD2 Bladder Scanner Specifications
- Frequency of Probe: 3.5 MHz
- Volume Measurement Range: 0 - 999 ml
- Monitor Size: 2.5" TFT LCD
- Battery Capacity: 2600 mAh
- Dimensions: 8.4" x 8" x 2.2" (213 mm x 203 mm x 55 mm)
- Weight: 1.1 lbs (500gm)
- Battery Continuous Scanning Time: 3.5 hours
- Battery Stand By Time: 8 hours